If you see any alerts here, wait until the service is up and running and try again:
1. Restart your Xbox One Console by pressing the power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds.
2. Check your internet connection by going to Settings > General > Network Settings and test your connection.
3. Try connecting to Xbox Live again.
4. If these steps don’t resolve the problem, check the Xbox Live Service Status page to see if there are any current service alerts that might be affecting your ability to connect:
5. Go to Settings > System > Updates and make sure that your console has the most recent update.
Restart your Xbox One console
1. Turn off your Xbox One console by pressing the power button on the front of the console.
2. Unplug the power cord from the back of your console for at least 1 minute.
3. Plug the power cord back in and turn on your console (press the power button on the front of the console.)
4. Try connecting to Xbox Live again.
Test your network connection
1. Restart your home network
2. Check your network settings
3. Try connecting to Xbox Live later
4. Are you having problems connecting to Xbox Live from more than one location?
5. Are you using a wireless connection?
6. Internet Connection Error 80151901
7. Error 8015D002 occurs when you try to connect to Xbox Live
8. Can’t connect to a wireless network after changing the router settings
Power cycle your network equipment
One possible reason your Xbox One X or Xbox One S isn’t connecting to Xbox Live could be due to a problem with your network equipment. To rule this out as a possibility, you can power cycle (turn off and then turn on) your modem and router. To do this:
-Unplug the power cord from the back of your modem.
-Unplug the power cord from the back of your router.
-Wait at least 2 minutes.
-Plug in the power cord to the back of your modem, first, and then plug in the power cord to the back of your router.
-Wait at least 2 minutes for them to fully power on.
After you’ve done this, try connecting to Xbox Live again and see if it works.
Check for updates
If your Xbox One console isn’t connecting to Xbox Live, there may be several causes. The first thing you should do is check for updates. To do this, open the Settings menu and go to System > Updates & downloads. If there’s an available update, it will begin downloading automatically. Once the update is finished, try connecting to Xbox Live again.
Xbox wont connect to xbox live but internet is working
If you’re using a wireless connection, try switching to a wired connection and see if that solves the problem. If you don’t have an Ethernet cable, you can buy one at a local electronics store or online.
If you’re already using a wired connection, try moving the Ethernet cable to a different port on the back of your console. If that doesn’t work, try connecting the cable to a different router.
If you’re using an Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, make sure it’s connected directly to your modem with an Ethernet cable. It doesn’t work with Wi-Fi connections.
Check your Xbox One Console Cache
One of the most common causes for the “Xbox won’t connect to Xbox Live” problem is a corrupt cache. If this is the case, you will need to clear your cache. To do this:
-Turn off your Xbox One console by pressing the power button on the front.
-Disconnect the power cord from the back of your console.
-Wait at least 30 seconds.
-Reconnect the power cord and turn on your console.
-Attempt to connect to Xbox Live again.
Delete and Re-download your Profile
Xbox Live profiles contain vital account information, including your Gamertag (username), Achievements, and any Microsoft Points you may have. If you’re having trouble connecting to Xbox Live, one possible solution is to delete and then re-download your profile. Here’s how:
1. Press theGuide button on your controller.
2. Go to Settings and select System Settings.
3. Select Storage or Memory.
4. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller .(It doesn’t matter which storage device you select; the console will re-download your profile to all storage devices.)
5. Select All Devices.
6. Select Gamer Profiles.
7. Select your Gamertag .
8. Select Delete Profile Only or Delete Profile & Items, and then follow the prompts to confirm that you want to delete your profile .
Test your Xbox Live connection
There are a few things you can do to test your Xbox Live connection and identify any possible problems.
1. Check the status of Xbox Live
The first thing you should do is check the status of Xbox Live. If there are any known issues with Xbox Live, it will be listed here.
2. Test your network connection
Next, you’ll want to test your network connection to make sure that there are no problems with your internet connection. To do this, go to Settings > Network > Test network connection.
3. Restart your modem and router
If you’re still having trouble connecting to Xbox Live, try restarting your modem and router. This will usually fix any problems with your internet connection.
4. Check your NAT type
NAT (Network Address Translation) is a technology that allows devices on a private network to communicate with devices on a public network. If your NAT type is set to “Strict” or “Moderate,” it can cause problems with your ability to connect to Xbox Live. To check your NAT type, go to Settings > Network > View NAT type. If your NAT type is set to “Strict” or “Moderate,” you’ll need to open up some ports on your router in order to connect to Xbox Live.
Get help from the Xbox Community
The Xbox 360 console helps you stay connected to friends and family with integrated voice chat and Microsoft’s Xbox Live online service. If you’re having trouble connecting to Xbox Live, here are some troubleshooting tips that may help.
-Check your network status:
Go to Settings, and then System Settings. Select Network Settings. You should see your network type listed at the top of the screen. If you see anything other than “Connected,” try the following:
-Select Test Xbox Live Connection. If this test fails, see the next section, “Can’t connect to your wireless network.”
-Make sure that UPnP is enabled. UPnP is a networking technology that helps applications like the Xbox 360 console automatically forward ports. To check if UPnP is enabled:
From the Dashboard, go to Settings, and then System Settings. Select Network Settings. Select Additional Settings, and then select Restore to Factory Defaults (this will erase any current settings). When prompted, select Yes to confirm that you want to restore your console’s settings to their defaults.
After your console restarts, go back through the steps in “Check your network status” to see if this has fixed the problem
-If you still can’t connect, try manually opening ports on your router or firewall:
Go to the support website for your router or firewall manufacturer and look for instructions on how to open ports on your particular model
After you’ve opened ports on your router or firewall, run the Xbox Live Connection Test again
If you still can’t connect to Xbox Live after trying all of these steps, try contacting your ISP for help